If you are transgender, the UK Deed Poll office is proud to assist you in changing your name. We understand how empowering this change can be in outwardly claiming your identity. You also have the legal right to change your title to Miss, Ms, Mrs, Mr, or Mx when you change your name; simply select your new title while applying for a Deed Poll with us. Your Deed Poll will help you to change your title on your official documents and/or records with all relevant organisations.

Please note that a Deed Poll does not certify the change of your gender. In order to legally change your gender, you need to obtain a Gender Recognition Certificate (GRC). However, a Deed Poll firmly demonstrates your commitment to your chosen gender when you apply to the government's Gender Recognition Panel.

Also keep in mind, changing your title does not signify a change in your marital status. Adding Mrs to your title does not make you a married person.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your government-registered Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram