HOW DO I CHANGE MY NAME?
The UK Deed Poll Office is a fast, simple & affordable online Deed Poll service that allows you to legally change your name in the UK. By following the steps set out below, you will have all the documents you need to ensure that you can change your name and notify all relevant organisations and bodies so that your new name can be used by you and fully recognised by others.
Changing your name is a legal matter; in order to use your new name in your passport, driving license and on bank cards, you will most likely need a Deed Poll. There are some circumstances in which you can change your name without needing a Deed Poll, such as upon marriage. However, even in those circumstances, it may be quicker and more convenient to use a Deed Poll. Although there are other ways to obtain a Deed Poll, these methods are likely to cost significantly more than using the UK Deed Poll Office’s easy online application. Let’s get started!
1. ORDER SECURELY ONLINE
- Click on the “Apply Now” button in the top menu of this website. This will direct you to our application and secure payment/checkout page, where you will provide some details about yourself and payment for our Deed Poll service.
- We accept most credit and debit cards
- Once you have clicked on the “Order Deed Poll” button, we will send you confirmation of your order by email. If you have ordered your Deed Poll before 3pm on a working day, we will send you this email on the same day.
2. YOUR DEED POLL WILL ARRIVE IN THE POST
- We will send you your Deed Poll in the post, along with any duplicate copies that you ordered. The envelope will include our guidance on how to properly sign and witness your Deed Poll, our list of organisations you should consider notifying of your name change, and our draft covering letter.
- If you ordered your Deed Poll before 3pm on a working day, provided your delivery address is in the UK, we will send you these documents within 2 working days by First Class Post.
3. SIGN, DATE, AND WITNESS YOUR DEED POLL(S)
- Upon receipt of your Deed Poll and duplicates, you should sign, date and have them witnessed in accordance with our instructions document entitled “How to Execute Your Deed Poll”.
- Review the instructions document entitled “List of Bodies to Notify” in order to decide which of those bodies and organisations you should contact about your name change. Use our document entitled “Draft Covering Letter” to write to the relevant bodies to notify them of your change of name, and request that they send you any relevant updated documents, such as your passport, driving licence, bank cards, etc.
The UK Deed Poll Office is proud to provide you with excellent service, and to facilitate your name change at a low cost. We will provide you with a well-presented Deed Poll, printed on high quality paper, and sent to you in a plain envelope to preserve confidentiality. As a government-registered deed poll service provider who has issued thousands of deed polls, we also guarantee that your Deed Poll will be accepted by all government offices and relevant organisations, subject to our Terms & Conditions, or your money back.