Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Marriage – After my marriage, how do I change my name to incorporate my maiden name as a new middle name, and my husband’s surname as my surname?

You will need to apply for a Deed Poll, as many record-holders, including HM Passport Office, will not accept your Marriage Certificate as sufficient evidence of your change of name.  Once you have your Deed Poll, you should ensure that you keep the original Deed Poll with your original Marriage and Birth Certificates, and we advise that you order at least 10 duplicate copies of your Deed Poll, so that you can quickly notify all relevant record-holders of your change of name.  For more information, please go to the Deed Poll Information list at the top left of this page, and click on “Marriage”, “Passports” and “Who Do I Tell?”




To review the most current version of this information, please visit Marriage and Civil Partnerships. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your government-registered Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram