Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Do I need to get a solicitor to witness my Deed Poll?

*** Please note that if you want to apply for a deed poll that will not need a solicitor as a witness click on the button below.


Usually you will not need a solicitor to witness your Deed Poll. However,  in some circumstances you will need a solicitor to witness your Deed Poll (also known as certifying) if it has already been signed, dated, and witnessed. 

For instance, if you are a UK national and are currently living abroad, or if you are getting married abroad, you may need a solicitor to witness or certify your Deed Poll.  For more information on this topic, check out our Certified/Legalised/Duplicate Copies section.

To review the most current version of this information, please visit Signing, Witnesses and Execution

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram