Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Changing your name after a same-sex (gay) marriage.

The rules are exactly the same as for heterosexual marriage.  In some circumstances you do not require a Deed Poll if you want to change your name after marriage.  For further information, please go to our guide on changing your name after marriage.

However if you plan an create a new surname, such as a combination of your two last names, then you will require a deed poll. If you have any questions about the name change process, please reach out and our staff will be happy to assist you. 

To review the most current version of this information, please visit Same-Sex Marriage

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram