Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Who Do I Tell? - Can I change my name if I have a criminal record?

Yes, you can change your name with a deed poll if you have a criminal record.  However, if you have any existing or pending criminal proceedings against you, you must notify the relevant police station immediately after changing your name.  Also, if you are on probation, you have to notify your Probation Officer, and if you are on the Sex Offender’s Register, you have to notify the police within 3 days of your name change.


To review the most current version of this information, please visit Name Change Eligibility. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram