What is the process ? - UK Deed Poll Office

What is the process ?

Once you receive the documents, you need to sign it along with a witness and then notify all the bodies and record holders like HM Passport Office, DVLA, Employers, Utility Companies, Doctor, Banks, etc. about your change of name. The bodies will update their records and the whole process should take 1 week or so.

I changed my name long back but lost documents. What can I do now?

If you have lost your original deed poll, you can order a replacement deed poll on our website here-


Just select “Adult Replacement Deed Poll” and fill your previous name as your current name in the form (previous name= which you were using before changing it with deed poll). In the new name section, write your current name (which you are using since you changed your name with deed poll).

The idea is to replicate your original deed poll information.