Welcome to our list of the 50 most popular Chinese names for boys. Each name has a short explanation of its meaning along with a cool fact about the name.
This list is perfect for:
- Parents looking for a Chinese name for their baby
- People who want to change their name via deed poll
- People who want to find out which are the most popular Chinese names
***If you like this article be sure to check out our list of 50 most popular:
Scottish names for Boys
Italian Names for Boys
Greek names for Boys
Greek Names for Girls
French Names for Boys
French Names for Girls
Welsh Names for Girls
Russian Names for Boys
So without further interruption here is the list of the 50 most popular Chinese names for boys.
Chinese Names for Boys: A-J
- Ai: Ai is one of the neatest Chinese male names. It means "loving".
- Aiguo: This is a great choice for expressing your son's love for his country. Aiguo translates to "patriotic", and it is one of the most popular Chinese male names today.
- An: The name represents "peace".
- Bai: Bai is another word for "white".
- Bingwen: Bingwen is befitting for art enthusiasts. This elegant name means "master of arts".
- Bohai: Bohai translates to "elder brother seas".
- Bolin: Similarly, the definition of Bolin is "elder brother rain".
- Chanming: This beautiful name pertains to a baby boy who is "forever bright".
- Cheng: Cheng indicates that you have a child who is "highly accomplished".
- Cheung: Simply put, Cheung symbolizes "good luck".
- Chonglin: Chonglin refers to a "second brother".
- Chung: Meaning "intelligent".
- Da: Da also means "intelligent".
- Dai: This is a sophisticated and deep name for your baby boy. Dai is a sword technique that's used in martial arts.
- Deming: The name translates to "virtue" and "bright".
- Dingxiang: This pertains to "stability and fortune".
- Gang: Gang highlights that your son is "full of strength".
- Guozhi: Guozhi is one of the most unique Chinese names for boys, and it is synonymous to the term "may the kingdom heal".
- Hai: The definition of Hai is "originating from the sea".
- Hàorán: This was among the top ten most popular Chinese names for baby boys during January 2022.
- Hàoyǔ: In the same vein, this was the second most commonly-used name in China for male infants.
- Heng: Heng pertains to something that is "eternal".
- Huan: Meaning "happiness" and "joy".
- Jaw-long: Jaw-long refers to a son who is "like a dragon".
- Jing: Jing translates to "the capital city".
Chinese Names for Boys: K-R
- Kong: This expressive masculine name can mean "sky" or "glorious".
- Lei: Lei is another word for "thunder".
- Li: Meaning "upright".
- Míngzé: This was among Chinese families' top five name choices for boys who were born in the first month of 2022.
- Mùchén: According to the Ministry of Public Security of China, this was the most popular name in the country for male infants during January 2022.
- Mùchén: Correspondingly, Mùchén came in third.
- Mùyáng: Mùyáng ranked as the tenth most popular Chinese name for boys.
- Nainzu: If you are looking for an eloquent and passionate option, this name translates to "thinking of ancestors".
- Niu: This means "the ox".
- Peizhi: Piezhi describes someone who is "respectful".
- Peng: This lovely and spiritual name pertains to "the roc", a mystical bird that's known for its beauty.
- Pengfei: Similarly, Pengfei symbolizes the "flight of the roc".
- Ping: Another word for "tranquil".
- Qi: A name that shows that you have an "arising" and "wondrous" son.
- Qiang: This indicates that you have a "strong" boy.
- Qiao: Qiao may mean "aspiring", "high", or "proud".
- Qing: Meaning "sky blue".
- Qingshan: The name stands for "celebrating goodness".
- Qingsheng: Qingsheng translates to "celebrating birth".
- Qiqiang: Qiqiang signifies your boy's "enlightenment and strength".
- Qiu: The definition of Qiu is "autumn".
- Quan: Quan is a Chinese word for "a spring" of water.
- Renshu: A deeply expressive name, Renshu symbolizes "benevolent forbearance".
- Rong: This name represents "honor" and "glory".
Chinese Names for Boys: S-Z
- Shan: Shan is a reference to "mountains" or "hills".
- Shanyuan: Meaning "mountain spring".
- Shi: Shi translates to "mankind".
- Shirong: A sophisticated and gentle name, Shirong conveys that your son is a "scholar of honor".
- Song: Song is a word for "pine tree".
- Tao: A simple yet incredibly-illustrative name, Tao means "the way".
- Tengfei: Tengfei pertains to "soaring high".
- Tingfeng: Meaning "thunderbolt peak".
- Wei: Wei indicates that your boy is "heroic", "high", "lofty", and/or "remarkable", all of which are alluring and charming attributes.
- Weimin: Another delightful name, Weimin implies that your son is a "people's hero".
- Weisheng: This name is used to express that "greatness is born".
- Weiyuan: Weiyuan may be a perfect choice if you value tradition and family heritage because it means "preserving depth".
- Xiang: Interpreted as "flying" or "soaring".
- Xianliang: This is defined as "worthy brightness".
- Xiaobo: Meaning "little wrestler".
- Xiaojian: Xiaojian translates to "little healthy".
- Xin: The name represents something that is "new".
- Xing: Xing symbolizes a "star" or "spark".
- Yìchén: The fifth most popular male name in China in early 2022.
- Yìzé: Yìzé was the eighth highest-used masculine Chinese name during January 2022.
- Yǔxuān: In like manner, this name ranked in ninth place.
- Yǔzé: Only five Chinese names for boys were used more often than Yǔzé in the first month of 2022.
- Zengunag: This name connotes that your son is "increasing in brightness".
- Zhiqiang: Zhiqiang conveys that your kid has a "strong willingness".
- Zian: A tranquil and calm name, Zian translates to "self/internal peace".
- Zixin: This name implies that your baby boy is "confident of himself".
Whether you prefer to give your son a first name that describes their character, emotional importance to you, or connection to a natural element (such as Song and pine trees), this list should provide you with a variety of unique, beautiful, and expressive options.