Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

If I changed my name by Deed Poll in the past, can I just go back to my old name?

*** Please Note: To change back to your previous name via deed poll click the button below.


If your current name is different from the name on your Birth Certificate, you will need in most circumstances to apply for a Deed Poll to change your name back to your previous name.  It will not be sufficient for you to use your Birth Certificate to update your name with relevant organisations. Apply for a UK Deed Poll easily.


To review the most current version of this information, please visit General Information. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram