Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Can I change my National Insurance number?

***Please note: If you want to change your name before updating the HMRC records click the button below.


If you already changed your name by deed poll, then no, you cannot change your National Insurance number, but you should notify the HMRC of your change of name, and ask them to update their records, and especially in relation to your NI number. 

You can do this by going online to and clicking on “Report a change of name or address” that appears about half-way down the page, or by telephoning the helpline on 0300 200 3500, between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday, except on bank holidays.


The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram