Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Who Do I Tell? - Do I have to update my CRB check after I’ve changed my name?

***Please note: If you have not changed your name yet and need a deed poll to get started click the button below.


Your CRB check is now called a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).  You will not need to update your CRB/DBS check.  However, if you subsequently apply for a new DBS check, you will be asked to provide details of any previous names.


To review the most current version of this information, please visit After Obtaining A Deed Poll. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram