How much? - Will I have any other costs? - UK Deed Poll Office

How much? – Will I have any other costs?

  • If you change your name and would like to travel abroad, you will need to get a new passport.
  • A new UK passport currently costs £72.50 for an adult and £46 for a child.
  • If you are a foreign national and are living in the UK there may be further costs arising as you may need to have your Deed Poll witnessed by a solicitor, or certified/legalised.  These will produce further costs for you in the UK, and further costs may also arise from the procedure used in your country of origin for updating your passport and other documents.
  • For further information, please go to the Deed Poll Information list at the top left of this page, and click on “Payment & Costs”.