Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

If I am an undischarged bankrupt or subject to a Debt Relief Order, can I change my name by Deed Poll?

Yes, you can change your name by Deed Poll, however, you must ensure that you notify the Official Receiver that you have done so.  Also, if you are self-employed and you want to continue to be in the same trade, but using your new name, you must ensure that all people you do business with, know what your previous name was.  All suppliers and customers must be notified of your previous name.



To review the most current version of this information, please visit Name Change Eligibility. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram