Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

I am in prison. Can I change my name by Deed Poll?

Yes, you can change your name by Deed Poll, however, it may be prudent to notify your prison governor of your intention to change your name, as you will need to be able to sign, date and witness your Deed Poll once it arrives, and you may need some further assistance in notifying all relevant record-holders once your Deed Poll has been signed and witnessed.  If you do apply for a UK Deed Poll, you should ensure that your delivery address gives your prisoner number and the full address of your prison.


To review the most current version of this information, please visit Name Change Eligibility. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram