Change surname from maiden name to amalgamation with my husband’s

Marriage – After my marriage, how do I change my surname from my maiden name to a surname that is an amalgamation of my surname and my husband’s surname?

You will need to apply for a Deed Poll and so will your husband, if he also intends to take this new surname.  This is because many record-holders, including HM Passport Office, will not accept your Marriage Certificate as sufficient evidence of your change(s) of name.  Once you have your Deed Poll(s), you should ensure that you keep your new original Deed Poll(s) with your original Birth Certificates and Marriage Certificate, and we advise that you order at least 10 duplicate copies of each Deed Poll, so that you can quickly notify all relevant record-holders of your change(s) of name.  For more information, please go to the Deed Poll Information list at the top left of this page, and click on “Marriage”, “Passports” and “Who Do I Tell?”