Certified/Legalised/Duplicate Copies - How many copies will I need?
- Many record holders will want to see the original Deed Poll. For instance the DVLA, HM Passport Office, banks and building societies. For more information, please check- "Who do I tell?"
- We will, along with your Deed Poll, send you a list of organisations you will need to consider notifying.
- Most people will need at least 10 duplicate copies, as it is then possible to notify many record-holders at the same time and this will speed up the process.
- You can choose how many duplicate copies you need when you order.
- Each duplicate copy costs an additional £1.00 when you order your Deed Poll.
- After we have processed your Deed Poll we will not be able to produce any copies for you.
- You should execute (sign, date and witness) the original Deed Poll and ALL of the duplicate copies at the same time.
- If, at a later date, you find that you need a “certified copy”, you will have to take the original (or a duplicate copy if you applied for your Deed Poll from us) to a solicitor, notary public, Commissioner for Oaths or Justice of the Peace, and pay them a fee to provide you with it. For more information, click on the "Certified/Legalised/Duplicate Copies" tab in the Deed Poll Information List at the top left of this page.
To review the most current version of this information, please visit Certified, Legalised, and Duplicate Copies. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.