Information REPOSITORY

Browse The UK Deed Poll's past content, and find links to updated information on each page. Please keep in mind that any information/links in the Information Repository may be out of date.

Can I use Tippex/correction fluid to correct a mistake I made on my Deed Poll?

No, you cannot use Tippex/correction fluid on your Deed Poll without invalidating it.  This is because those organisations that you need to notify of your change of name, may not accept that a Deed Poll in such a condition is acceptable evidence of your change of name.  If there is a mistake in the way that you have executed (this means signed, dated and witnessed) your Deed Poll, then you should destroy it.   However, if you ordered duplicate copies from us, you can use these as originals, provided that there is no mistake on these copies.  If you have made the same mistake on your Deed Poll and all of the duplicate copies, you will have to destroy them and apply for a new Deed Poll from us.


To review the most current version of this information, please visit Mistakes and Cancellations. Click here to return to the Information Repository main page.

The UK Deed Poll Office is not a government agency. Our function is purely as a document provider for the self-declaration of an unenrolled deed poll. We are here to assist in your name change journey, as we have done for over 100,000 UK residents.


Join the thousands who have trusted the UK Deed Poll Office to help change their name. Fill out our fast, simple, and affordable online application to receive your Deed Poll in no time!
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram